A scrapbook of stuff I'm reading / looking at / listening to / thinking about...
Posts tagged "how to take a punch"
Jan 25, 2013
» How to Take a Punch
Pretty much everything you need to know about taking criticism can be summed up in this article:
- Relax (You’ll be surprised how fast you will recover.)
- Strengthen your neck.
- Practice (Get hit a lot.)
- Try to absorb the blow, roll with the punch
- Remember to keep your mouth shut
- Protect your vulnerable areas
- Keep your balance
(Thx to Mike Monteiro for the idea: “the skill I picked up in [art] school that turned out to be the most valuable was learning how to take a punch.”)
Subscribe to my newsletter and get new art, writing, and interesting links delivered to your inbox every week.